The cat's Paw Island forums.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Hello everyone. Because these forums are no longer being moderated, we have disabled posting for members. You will still be able to read posts, but not create, edit, or delete your own. You can find our new forums here: http://catspawisland.boards.net/ If you require any help, feel free to address an administrator in chat, or privately message one on our new boards. Thank you!

Share | 

Book suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Levi
Has OCD - Obsessive Cat Disorder

Main Character Bio.
Name: Inkling (Inky)

PostSubject: Book suggestions    Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:58 am

Not just for me but for everyone. (Please don't suggestion manga here, but feel free to start another topic on it!)
(I swear this was a topic but I didn't see one?)

I've finally started to actually read and the series I picked was The Maze Runner, by James Dashner.
I saw the movie a little while ago and thought it was pretty good and couldn't wait for the next one to come out. I decided to read the book and well... it's like 5 X better then the movie. uwu
I'm currently on the second book and it will probably take me a while to read it. -Slow reader.- but it's amazing.

Other series I suggest would be Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan. (DO NOT WATCH THE MOVIE. IT IS WRONG.)
I started that one many years ago (was in the sixth grade when I started it) and now on book ten. I do enjoy this series but again. I have this thing with reading. LOL

and of course we all know about the warrior cat series. I'm only on book two of that, as well. =]

Lend me your wings, so that I may fly...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oxymoron
Literally Really Old

Main Character Bio.
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Book suggestions    Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:01 am

My all time favourite book has to be The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster. I read it when I was 14 and I've loved it since. It's very cleverly written, and just an overall amazing book. I would say the audience ranges from preteen to young adult.

My second favourite book is Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. It's simply put as a classic and a book I'd recommend picking up. It might not be appropriate for some audiences, as there are human/animal deaths and racist/ableist commentary.

Also, I love the Maze Runner, Riv! Apocalyptic fiction is one of my favourite genres.

Oxymoron on chats!
dA

Are there some aces up your sleeve?
Have you no idea that you're in deep?
I dreamt about you nearly every night this week
How many secrets can you keep?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nolani
Alpha
Alpha

Main Character Bio.
Name: Nolani

PostSubject: Re: Book suggestions    Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:37 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oxymoron
Literally Really Old

Main Character Bio.
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Book suggestions    Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:41 am

screams bc The Last Unicorn

Oxymoron on chats!
dA

Are there some aces up your sleeve?
Have you no idea that you're in deep?
I dreamt about you nearly every night this week
How many secrets can you keep?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Levi

Main Character Bio.
Name: Inkling (Inky)

PostSubject: Re: Book suggestions    Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:18 pm

WATERSHIPDOWN

I remember loving the movie to that. I got the book way back in the day but it was hard for me to read it then. x:

Same with plague dogs.

Lend me your wings, so that I may fly...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HolyKitten
Senior Events member
Senior Events member

PostSubject: Re: Book suggestions    Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:00 pm

Oh goodness.

Some books I recommend would probably list to;

Pulse by Patrick Carman. - This is honestly one of my favorite books, and I have yet to read the second, I don't know if there's a third one. But, it's very interesting. If you're into people with telekinetic powers, with love interests, then this is a good book for you.

Tom Finder by Martine Leaveitt - This book was actually very good in my opinion. You feel bad for the main character Tom, who has seemed to lose his memory about who he is, and wherever his friends or family are. Throughout the story, you meet some interesting and close characters as Tom tries to figure out who he really is.

Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari - This book is somewhat similar to the black plague. It may seem like the zombie apocalypse, but it's not. It's about this girl, who had to leave everything behind in the city, and defend on her own in the woods. Eventually, she's found by a boy, who apparently had been watching her the entire time, and decided to help her out. This book is honestly one of my favorites.

Unwind by Neal Shusterman - This book is quiet interesting, and another one of my favorites. It's about a time when parents believe that whenever their children have misbehaved enough, or they think they need to send them off, they send them to these camps. The kids stay at the camp for a certain amount of time, and eventually, are taken to a certain building. Come to find out, they cut off their body parts, and send them to people who need them in the hospital. Of course, it's never a bad thing whenever you donate something to someone who is need of it. But, you're forced, no matter what, to do it. So, it's basically a slave camp that cuts you up into pieces and donates them to people. Doesn't sound too great now, huh? This book is really good though, and I'd love to tell you the ending. But. Nah. It's not as gross as that sounds.

Jäger
Commander smelly paws
Commander smelly paws

Main Character Bio.
Name: Eren Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Book suggestions    Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:01 am

Guardians of Ga'hoole.
Don't think it's just a kid's book. I can't tell you how much gore that book has.
Julie of the Wolves, The Last Dragon Chronicals: http://www.thelastdragonchronicles.com/Books.html , Wolf Moon (there is some sex in it).

There's a shitton more, I just can't think of them.

AND NO NOLANI.
THE RED FERN GROWS BROKE MY HEART.

It was all a lie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book suggestions    

Back to top Go down

Book suggestions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1